The Southwest New Mexico Green Energy and Jobs Stakeholder Board will consist of thirteen local government appointees from Catron, Grant, Hidalgo, and Luna counties, the City of Bayard, Village of Columbus, City of Deming, Town of Hurley, City of Lordsburg, Village of Reserve, Village of Santa Clara, Town of Silver City, and Village of Virden along with twelve applicant selectees from the business, utility, school, and community at large sectors. The Stakeholder Board members will serve a four year term with the understanding that if he/she misses more than three consecutive meeting or more than half of the meetings in a fiscal year without being excused from the Board shall be regarded as being in non-compliance and must be replaced.
The Board will:
- Make and pass recommendations necessary for the successful implementation of the Regional Strategic Plan.
- Adopt and Revise By-laws.
- Fix time and place of meetings and the method of notice of the meetings.
- Provide an active role in partnership with the Southwest New Mexico Council of Governments (Fiscal Agent) and the Southwest New Mexico Council of Governments Board in the appointment, hire, and/or retention of the Executive Director.
- Assure the establishment and maintenance of offices at a place the Board may designate.
- Appoint advisory committees and define the duties of the committees.
- Establish Policies and Procedures that govern its conduct, to include Conflict of Interest and Public Hearing policies.
- Provide an Annual Report to local governments, the Southwest New Mexico Green Energy and Jobs Taskforce, and funders.
The Board shall promulgate and adhere to policies and procedures that govern its conduct. A member or designee shall perform his/her duties as a member, including his/her duties as a member of any committee of the Board upon which he/she may serve, in good faith, in a manner he/she believes to be in the best interests of the Region and implementation of the Regional Strategic Plan.